The Jason Lee McKinney Band Celebrates ‘Pieces’ Album Release With Features in American Songwriter, Blues Rock Review, American Blues Scene and More
Nashville, Tenn. – The wait is finally over, as Bonfire Music Group recording artists the Jason Lee McKinney Band releases their brand new album, Pieces. Carving out their own way into the Roots genre, their sound incorporates a unique style that is every bit as electrifying as the band’s one-of-a-kind live show that includes a combination of roadhouse rock & roll, bluesy slide guitar, stomping grooves and soul. Pieces is now available for download and streaming HERE.
The group is celebrating the new release by kicking their promotional efforts into high gear. With recent features in publications like American Songwriter, Blues Rock Review, Vents Magazine and American Blues Scene, they’re generating buzz in a variety of places to show the diversity of the project. Speaking about the framework of the Jason Lee McKinney Band, American Songwriter says, “The eclectic background, longevity on the road, and honest nature of McKinney sets an ideal backdrop…” They also have a few very special album release shows coming up in McKinney’s hometown of Evansville, Ind., plus must-see shows in Memphis and Nashville.
The Jason Lee McKinney Band is taking their creativity to new heights with the Pieces collection. Serving as the band’s eighth studio album, they collaborated with Grammy-nominated producer Kevin Houston (Buddy Guy, Robert Plant, Lucero) at Jim Dickinson’s Zebra Ranch (North Mississippi Allstars). The project showcases McKinney’s songwriting ability, which has already garnered him multiple hits, awards and other accolades. Once you add in contributions from longtime bandmates Barry Strauser and Billy Wright, as well as background vocals from fellow Memphis-based soul artists Reba Russell and Susan Marshall, it’s clear to see how those writing chops are on full display from start to finish.
To learn more on all things Jason Lee McKinney Band, fans can visit their official website HERE, where they’ll be able to purchase a copy of the record, check the latest news stories, upcoming tour dates and more.
Pieces Track Listing:
1. Normal Is Just An Exit (written by Jason Lee McKinney and Sam Berce}
2. Good Old Soul (written by Jason Lee McKinney)
3. Pieces (written by Jason Lee McKinney and Zion McKinney)
4. So Long (written by Jason Lee McKinney and Sam Berce)
5. New Strings On An Old Guitar (written by Jason Lee McKinney and Scott Faircloff)
6. Groove Is Getting Old (written by Jason Lee McKinney, Sam Berce and Randy Smith)
7. Thicc (written by Jason Lee McKinney, Sam Berce and Randy Smith)
8. Cover Town (written by Jason Lee McKinney)
9. Put Up The Good Fight (written by Jason Lee McKinney)
10. Blues In Bahrain (written by Jason Lee McKinney, Sam Berce)
# # #