Nashville, Tenn. – As the anticipated release date for Roots singer Danny Burns’ upcoming album inches closer, the Roots artist is excited to unveil the next official single. Out today, the recording “Come To Jesus” featuring Sam Bush will serve as the latest release from Promised Land, which is slated for release on August 25th via Bonfire Music Group. Fans can download and/or stream the full “Come To Jesus” single HERE.
“Come To Jesus” might sound familiar to some music enthusiasts. The tune was written by Mindy Smith, who originally made the song famous upon its original release nearly 20 years ago when it became a multi-genre crossover hit. On the reinvigorated version, it sees Burns and Bush take a unique approach that delivers a much more upbeat vibe that is sure to instantly grab listeners attention. The dynamic pair recently connected in Nashville, Tennessee to film the official video which is set for release at a later date. One unique element is that Sam Bush is also singing on the track.
In total, Promised Land has a total of 10 new recordings. These include the lead single “Someone Like You” featuring Tim O’Brien which offers an upbeat Americana twist to Adele’s chart-topping ballad. The new version went on to become Danny’s very first No. 1 on the Grassicana charts. Along the way, previous singles “Some Might Say” and “Fields of Gold” have both shown up on the airplay survey’s top 20 weekly chart.
The full collection includes an impressive lineup of guest artists like Sam Bush, Tim O’Brien, Bryan Simpson, and Aine Burns. Each track takes the Americana/Bluegrass hitmaker’s unique approach to the forefront of the music. On Promised Land, Danny connected with powerhouse industry veterans Brandon Bell and Neal Cappellino who both had significant contributions to the engineering, vocal production and mixing of the project. The entire record was recorded at the famous Doghouse Studio in Nashville.
To keep up with all things Danny Burns, check out his official website at www.dannyburnsband.com. While there, fans will be able to check upcoming tour dates, purchase music, get the latest news stories and more!
Promised Land Track Listing
1. Someone Like You feat. Tim O’Brien (written by Dan Wilson, Adele Adkins)
2. Fields of Gold feat. Tim O’Brien (written by Gordon Matthew Sumner)
3. Come To Jesus feat. Sam Bush (written by Mindy Smith)
4. Lifeline feat. Bryan Simpson (written by Clarence Copeland Greenwood)
5. Some Might Say (written by Noel Thomas Gallagher)
6. Danny Boy feat. Tim O’Brien (traditional)
7. Dirty Old Town feat. Sam Bush (written by Ewan McColl)
8. Nothing But A Child feat. Aine Burns (written by Steve Earle)
9. Magnolia Wind feat. Tim O’Brien (written by Guy Charles Clark, Shawn Camp)
10. Promised Land (written by David Lynn Jones)
# # #