Full Collection Includes 11 New Recordings Including Latest Bluegrass Single “The Place That I Call Home”
Nashville, Tenn. – It’s an exciting time for progressive Roots band Circus No. 9, as they release their latest self-titled album today via Bonfire Music Group. The entire project includes 11 new recordings, which incorporate a variety of different genres ranging from Americana to Folk to Bluegrass and beyond. Each individual style is on display from members Thomas Cassell, Vince Ilagan, and Ben Garnett. Fans can download and/or stream the full project HERE.
Prior to the album release, Circus No. 9 already released two singles. First, they unveiled the laid-back “Steampipe Coffee,” which stays true to the band’s unique sound. With a groovy vibe, the instrumentation blends well with a one-of-a-kind acoustic edge as the track progresses. They also released the latest Bluegrass radio single as well, which is a track called “The Place That I Call Home.” The recording pays homage to the band’s Tennessee roots, with a traditional sounding instrumentation throughout. It was written by Circus No. 9 member Thomas Cassell alongside Jon Weisberger.
Hailing from Tennessee, the group has turned several heads over the years and quickly have become one of the most exciting new bands on the acoustic music scene. Along the way, they’ve shared the stage with artists like David Grisman, Sam Bush, The Travelin’ McCourys, among others. They have also quickly been acknowledged for their live touring shows, where they’ve made countless appearances throughout North America.
The full Circus No. 9 album writes the next chapter in the band’s long-standing career. Some of the highlights include a variety of instrumentals like the powerful anthems “To The Lighthouse,” “Unfinished Business” and the must-hear “Circus Train No. 9.” Whatever each music listener’s taste, there’s likely something for every type of Bluegrass, Folk and Americana enthusiast. In addition, the collection includes guest vocals by Aoife O’Donovan on “Scaffold Song” and fiddle by John Mailander. The latter recording made its exclusive premiere earlier this week on The Bluegrass Situation.
The group is kicking their promotional efforts into high gear, with several upcoming tour dates already on the books. To find out where you can catch Circus No. 9 on the road, find latest news stories, purchase music and more, check out the band’s official website www.circusnumbernine.com.
Circus No. 9 Track Listing:
1. To The Lighthouse (written by Ben Garnett)
2. The Place That I Call Home (written by Thomas Cassell, Jon Weisberger)
3. Headphones (written by Thomas Cassell, Matthew Davis, Ben Garnett, Vince Ilagan)
4. Steampipe Coffee (written by Thomas Cassell, Matthew Davis, Ben Garnett, Vince Ilagan)
5. Forever More (written by Matthew Davis, Ben Garnett)
6. Unfinished Business (written by Thomas Cassell, Matthew Davis, Ben Garnett, Vince Ilagan)
7. Kind Of Cool (written by Thomas Cassell, Matthew Davis, Ben Garnett, Vince Ilagan)
8. Circus Train No. 9 (written by Thomas Cassell, Matthew Davis, Ben Garnett, Vince Ilagan)
9. Joy Of Learning (written by Ben Garnett)
10. West Point, IA (written by Matthew Davis, Ben Garnett)
11. Scaffold Song (written by Matthew Davis)
# # #