Sister Sadie is a straight ahead bluegrass band comprised of five good friends born out of what was originally supposed to be a one time jam at The Station Inn in Nashville, TN. Shortly after that sold out show, the band began getting calls for gigs and the girls decided to officially form Sister Sadie. They decided that each member would remain in their own bands and from time to time get together for special events to perform. The name, Sister Sadie, was inspired by a Tony Rice song, “Little Sadie,” and the fact that the ladies feel as though they are sisters.
~ Sister Sadie (Dale Ann Bradley, Tina Adair, Gena Britt, Deanie Richardson and Beth Lawrence)
Members of Sister Sadie:
- Dale Ann Bradley – Five-time IBMA Female Vocalist of the Year, on vocals and guitar. She tours with her namesake the Dale Ann Bradley Band. www.DaleAnn.com
- Tina Adair – Talented and soulful vocalist and mandolinist who has been a female vocalist nominee and fronted her own touring band the Tina Adair Band for over 20 years.
- Deanie Richardson – A charismatic fiddler who has performed with Bob Seger, The Chieftains, Vince Gill, and Patty Loveless. www.deanierichardson.com
- Gena Britt – An in-demand banjo player known for playing with several critically acclaimed bands over the years. Currently with Alan Bibey & Grasstowne. www.grasstowne.comwww.facebook.com/GenaBrittMusic
- Beth Lawrence – A well known and respected acoustic bass player in demand as a session player. She is also the comedian of the stage show.